DO YOU WANT TO AGE LIKE FINE WINE?
If you are like most people you secretly want to age gracefully or like the title suggests ‘fine wine’ but as another year goes by and you sit awkwardly as people sing happy birthday you probably might be thinking, do I look my age or do I perhaps look older than I actually am?
Luckily there are a few inexpensive ways to freeze time and delay signs of aging and have you looking like you have access to the proverbial fountain of youth.
- Put down that coffee. Coffee dehydrates therefore drying out the body and that’s bad news for your skin. Without moisture your skin will definitely wrinkle and sag at an ever faster rate.Plus to top that dehydration causes toxin build up thus increasing your chances of suffering from acne as well.
- Use retinol hyaluronic acid and vitamin c. Also known as the anti aging holy trinity. Retinoids are potent and are known to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines they also boosts the production of collagen. Hyaluronic acid is a humectant meaning it holds and attracts water from the environment and when applied on the skin it gives a plumping effect and boosts moisture levels therefore giving you supple and firm skin. Vitamin c is known to brighten the skin and it also used in anti aging by protecting the skin from the untimely skin wrinkles that sun exposure can cause. Vitamin C also helps reduce premature wrinkling by stimulating the growth of collagen.
- Catch some ZZZZ. A few weeks without proper sleep and your skin will bear the brunt,the signs plaster themselves in the form of fine lines eye bags and wrinkling.So go ahead and sleep at least 1 hour before your scheduled bed time and watch your skin flourish
- SPF your way to eternal youth. The higher the spf the better the protection. The sun penetrates deep into your skin damaging the elastic fibers and collagen that keep your skin form and plump. Not only that the sun also leads to hyperpigmentation and the appearance of age spots.
- Quit smoking/excessive alcohol consumption. The toxins in cigarettes damage collagen and elastin and that means no elasticity hence sagging and wrinkling of the skin. Alcohol on the other hand is a dehydrator and will not only age your skin but also your inner organs.
- Try derma rolling. Collagen induction therapy, also known as microneedling, dermarolling, or skin needling, is a cosmetic procedure that involves repeatedly puncturing the skin with tiny, sterile needles. Wikipedia this tool is available in online beauty supply stores at such an affordable price,and you can do it at home.
- Ditch processed and junk food. A diet high in ultra-processed foods loaded with sugars, oils, fats, and starches could age you more quickly, according to a new study. Researchers found that eating three or more servings a day of highly-processed food was linked to shorter telomeres, chromosome structures that mark your biological age.
- Yes you need to hydrate. Yes yes we have heard this a million times but it’s actually not a gimmick hydration is key to beautiful skin.
- Massage your way to youth. There is a growing movement centered around Asian facial massage techniques that are proven to lift the skin. I would suggest you go ahead and do some research and start a regimen that incorporates these techniques and watch the difference it makes.
- Handle your skin with care. Pat your face dry, do not use alcohol based products on your skin,do not pop pimples, do not consistently sleep on one side of the face, do not use physical exfoliants excessively and finally treat facial skin very delicately even when you apply products and always use upwards motions when doing it.